Marsh & McLennan Companies Recognized as The Number One Military Friendly Employer by G.I. Jobs Magazine
December 20, 2016 at 5:47 PM EST
NEW YORK, December 20, 2016 — Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in risk, strategy and people, announced today that it has been recognized as the Number One Military Friendly® Employer in the nation for 2017 by G.I Jobs® magazine.
The Military Friendly® Employer program reviews public performance data from more than 16,000 organizations, combined with proprietary survey data and personal feedback from veterans employed by hundreds of companies participating in the annual review process. Among the more than 200 Military Friendly® Employers recognized in 2017, Marsh & McLennan earned top honors for its innovative and effective program.
"We are pleased to receive this recognition. In 2014, we made a commitment to hire 500 veterans in the United States. To date, we have hired over 400 veteran colleagues from every branch of the armed services and are well on our way to reaching our goal," said Dan Glaser, President and CEO, Marsh & McLennan Companies. "Veterans have served our country with distinction, and we are proud to provide them with assistance and meaningful opportunities to contribute to our firm and society at large."
Marsh & McLennan has introduced a number of programs in support of veteran issues across the U.S. including:
- Military Mondays, a monthly pro-bono effort to provide veterans with free legal assistance related to disability and housing issues in conjunction with Goldman Sachs, Starbucks, Skadden Arps and Legal Services NYC.
- Mercer Match, a gamification recruiting tool available to Student Veterans of America to assess their capabilities and find careers in which they will most likely be successful, while providing employers the opportunity to tap into a large and fresh talent pool.
- Silver Medalist – Path of a Veteran,a placement campaign that actively seeks to identify and place a diverse range of highly-qualified veterans in positions throughout Marsh & McLennan and its operating companies.
- National Intermediary Initiative, a public-private partnership between Oliver Wyman and the Bob Woodruff Foundation working to improve the experience and outcomes for veterans and their families who need help accessing veteran services.
- Veteran Resource Groups, a program in which local chapters at our hub locations around the country create events to drive home the value of veteran talent.
Marsh & McLennan's Military & Veterans Affairs team is led by Director Eddie Dunn, a 20-year Army Veteran, both active duty and reserve, with support from three members of Marsh & McLennan's Executive Committee: Julio Portalatin, Chief Executive Officer, Mercer; Laurie Ledford, Chief Human Resources Officer, Marsh & McLennan Companies; and Peter Beshar, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Marsh & McLennan Companies.
"When I look back on this incredible journey, it's inspiring how far we've come in three short years," said Eddie Dunn, Director of Military & Veterans Affairs, Marsh & McLennan Companies. "As an HR professional and combat veteran, it is deeply satisfying to see how Marsh & McLennan's core values of working side by side, living the greater good, and always finding the smarter way have an enduring impact well beyond veteran employment in our firm."
For more than a decade, Military Friendly® ratings have set the standard for companies and colleges demonstrating positive employment and education outcomes for veterans and their families.
About Marsh & McLennan Companies
MARSH & McLENNAN COMPANIES (NYSE: MMC) is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global.